Here are the answers to our most commonly asked questions
- Are JS Carpentry and Fencing licenced tradesmen?
- Yes. Our QBCC licence number is 1308070
- What areas do you service?
- We provide construction services from Caboolture to Maryborough and West to Maleny.
- How long will my project take to complete?
- This depends on the size of the project and the weather. Large projects take longer but even small projects can be delayed by rain. As all our work is outdoors the weather can have an impact.
- Do you run multiple jobs at the same time and jump from job to job?
- No. We complete one job before commencing the next. Delays due to material supply and weather may keep us off site but we don’t leave your site if we have work that can be done.
- Do we have to pay for insurance?
- All projects over $3300 must have compulsory QBCC insurance and a written contract. This costs a little more but is for your protection should the worst case scenario happen. This ensures your project will be completed.
How we work
We follow an easy step by step process to make sure your project runs smoothly and ensure you are totally happy with the end result.
- Call our mobile on 0439 648 572 to discuss what you are looking for, when you need it and where you are located. We service Gympie and the Sunshine Coast.
- If it’s a fencing project it is handy to know how many metres of fencing you need and, in the case of boundary fences, if you have discussed sharing the cost with your neighbour. We can provide split invoices so you only are responsible for your half of the fence cost.
- Any pictures or ideas you have can be emailed to us so we have a better idea of how you want your finished project to look.
- For many projects a site visit will take place so we can discuss what you want to achieve, any potential issues and measure up the site.
- We can provide you with a written quote where we cover what we will do, how we will do it and the total cost to you. We will also note if the project requires compulsory building insurance.
- After your deposit is paid we will proceed with council approval, if required.
- The balance of the quote is due on completion, not before, for your protection.